Pages

Search

Wednesday 8 February 2012

My Movie on Dvolver!!!



 
My Idea!!
  • This kind of activity would work with various levels, intermediate, advanced etc.
  • Teachers could add on to a particular lesson, for example, a lesson about friendship by giving the students a poem.
  • I chose this friendship poem by Langston Hughes:
 I loved my friend.
He went away from me.
There's nothing more to say.
The poem ends,
Soft as it began-
I loved my friend.
  •  As you can see the poem is very vague and short. No elaboration or description is given.
  • Students could be asked to create a story according to the poem's theme using Dvolver. 
  • I tried very quickly to demonstrate how it could be done in this silly movie!!
  • Students could work in pairs or groups. Elicit ideas, settings, type of characters etc.
  • They would have the chance to choose the type of genre that they want, for example a comedy, tragedy etc.
  • Students could be even given such activities to work on at home and send to the teacher.
  • Teachers could even select the best ones and present to the class (motivating)!!
  • A further activity would be to ask the students after having created the movie to role-play it in front of their class mates, in this case they would be able to practice the target language and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment